- Treatment of Tobacco Dependence (PDF)
- Treating Spit Tobacco (ST) Dependence (PDF)
- Patient Intervention Materials Catalog
- Description of Tobacco Treatment Specialist Certification (PDF)
- Mayo Clinic Residential Treatment Program
- Registered Nurse Initiation of a Tobacco Intervention Protocol (PDF)
- Medication Protocol Development (PDF)
Clinical practice guidelines used by the Mayo Clinic Nicotine Dependence Center:
- Treating Tobacco Dependence in a Medical Setting (PDF)
Richard Hurt, Jon O. Ebbert, J. Taylor Hays, and David D. McFadden
CA Cancer J Clin 2009; 59;314-326
Online version with additional information and services
- Mayo Clinic NDC Tobacco Dependence Treatment Medication Summary (PDF)
These documents are not intended to be a comprehensive review of prescribing information, but rather guideline reflecting our clinical practice.
Health care providers should, of course, provide patient care within their scope of practice; and review with their patients any current dosing information, contraindications or potential adverse events before recommending or prescribing medications.